KIJANG PASANG EFI

Segala mobil tipe minibus/station (Kijang, Kuda, Panther, dll).

Moderators: Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze, akbarfit

herry_chen
Full Member of Senior Mechanic

KIJANG PASANG EFI

Post by herry_chen »

hi.... gue mau tanya nih
gue punya kijang LX tahun 2001 karbulator
dan rasanya sekarang kekuatan mesin dan responsi mesin udah menurun dan saya pengen masang EFI di mesin saya
ada yang punya pendapat ngak
dan ada yang tau ngak masang dimana?
seberapa besar perbedaannya?
dan harganya berapa?
trims ya
mpoezz
Member of Mechanic Engineer

Post by mpoezz »

emang bisa yah dipasang efi.

mendingan mobil nya di jual pak lalu di belikan seken kijang efi yang taun lebih mudaan.

daripada habis banyak bener in dan bla bla mending ganti yang baru
herry_chen

Post by herry_chen »

bisa dong kan mesinya sama tinggal di pasang efinya
kalau pasang kan ngak seberapa
kalau ganti mbl rugi banyak
lagi pula sayang di jual soalnya udah di modif audio,interiol
Hati2 dlm berkendara.Utamakan keselamatan dan keluarga.
handling

Post by handling »

kalo pasang gitu takut hasilnya gak sebagus OEM mas. nanti bukan nya irit malah tambah boros bensin...repotkan jadinya... modif dikit2 lama2 dikumpulin bisa beli mobil baru...
mpoezz

Post by mpoezz »

tuh bener kata pak handling.
iya kalo jalan nya sesuai yang diharap kan kalo engak udah habis duit banyak.eh ngak tau nya ngak sesuai cuman bolak balik bengkel doang.
mpoezz

Post by mpoezz »

dapet dari web site mungkin bisa jadi acuan buat pak herry,kurang lebih sama lah konversion nya paling beda harga doang.

Carburetor to EFI conversion
Part 1: Introduction and Shopping List

Introduction:

My truck has finally gotten to the point where it can go places that my carburetor won't let it. By this, I mean steep inclines. With the introduction of my new Marlin Crawler, I find myself trying to surpass the limits of a stock carburetor.

My options were to either replace the stock carb with a Weber 32/36 or switch to electronic fuel injection. Although the easiest way to go would be with the 32/36, I think it would still limit me in some ways on the trail. So, my choice was to find a complete EFI setup from a donor truck and swap it onto my engine. It sounds fairly straightforward, and alot of it is, as long as you take your time.

Luckily, I found a complete EFI setup for sale in my local paper for the unbelievable price of $150. I called the owner up and he said, "Take what you need from the truck". He told me that he had already pulled out the head bolts, and then pulled off the entire head/intake assembly for me and that it was sitting in his garage. I don't think he fully realized what he was getting into when he made that statement. By the time I was done with his truck, the engine compartment was bare, the dash was out, and the fuel tank was in the back of my truck.

Originally, I was going to use the EFI head with the swap, but found out from the Toyota list that my head would work too. Since I knew my head was good, this would save me $300 in machine shop work to make sure that the EFI head was in working order ( pressure test and valve job). Also, the cam in an EFI motor and a carb motor are different. The EFI motor that I got my parts from had 170K on it, so I wasn't going to use that cam on my motor. I decided to go with an EFI Pro cam from LC Engineering.

Basically, my game plan is to take the carburetor and intake off of my head. Take the EFI intake off of the head that was given to me and put it on my head. Install the new EFI cam. Make a separate EFI wiring harness from the 1986 truck harness that I have so that the EFI runs independently. Pull out my carb fuel tank and install the EFI fuel tank. Install all of the sensors, and fire it up!

Damn easy!!! NOT.

Here's what I took for $150:

1986 EFI head and intake manifold with everything still attached.
Crossover tube, MAF sensor and air box
Fuel tank with fuel pump
Entire wiring harness from the truck. I had to make 3 cuts to get it out but if someone took their time, they could get it out in one piece.
EFI computer
EFI distributor
EFI coil/igniter
EFI gauge set in the dash
Knock sensor, main relay
Anything else that was attached to the wiring harness
Page from Toyota Manual showing EFI components

Other things that I bought:

LC Engineering EFI Pro cam $169.00
Fel Pro head gasket set $56.00
Fluids $25.00
List of tools that I used: