Review Hilux/Fortuner 2.7 VVT-i Automatic versi bule...

Mau review kendaraan yang ada? Silakan post disini...

Moderators: Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze, akbarfit

FortunerMan

Review Hilux/Fortuner 2.7 VVT-i Automatic versi bule...

Post by FortunerMan »

Komentar2nya lumayan lucu2...anggep aja review Fortuner, soalnya pake mesin 2.7 dan matic. Basically saya setuju dgn review ini...tough engine and build..stupid transmission. Kalo suspension beda...belakang Hilux pake per daun.
I got a good feel for the Hilux’s brick [cencored] house construction quality. The fit and finish of the dashboard, all the way down to the transmission tunnel, would make a Lexus owner, uh, happy. The panels fit perfectly– to the point where I began to second-guess whether certain portions were molded-in rather than screwed together. Don’t let the pleasing textures fool you; that durability arrives from some of the worst plastics to ever melt out of the Land of the Rising Sun. Everything in the Hilux derives from gray polymers that will only bio-degrade when our sun goes super nova.
Setuju...Fortuner interior plastics keras kaya batu - tapi gak ada goyangnya dan kuattttt
The Hilux sampled was powered by a 2.7L VVT-I four-cylinder engine, pumping out 160bhp. For reasons I can’t quite grasp, Toyota has paired one of the most robust engines ever built to the most stupid transmission in existence. The four-speed automatic refuses to shift, even when the tippy throttle has been mashed to the carpet. Kick downs come at random and unwelcome times.
Memang matic Fortuner rada stupid - tapi imo nggak seburuk ini. Cuman kalo kickdown dia kadang suka lamban responsenya atau diem aja lol. Mesti dipindahin ke lower gear..baru deh. Seneng juga baca komentar ttg mesinnya "one of the most robust engines ever built"...this bad boy is tough!
I discovered a structure as stiff and rattle free as a Porsche Cayman; perfect for off-roading in a war zone.
Setuju…dibawa ke jalan rusak kaya apa Fortuner santai aja. Di dalem udah jungkir balik orang2nya karena suspension keras, malah kadang serasa mobilnya ngetawain kita. Perut udah dikocok..mobilnya santai aja.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008-t ... ux-review/
2008 Toyota Hilux Review
By Mike Solowiow
October 10, 2008

After hearing all the stories, legends, and Top Gear specials on the fabled Toyota Hilux, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one. While I was in Afghanistan, I heard that a Hilux dragged itself and four American soldiers over forty miles to safety while only able to drive its front wheels when its rear drive shaft was blown off. Another ran for over 100 miles with no oil and a leaking head gasket after being shot by an AK-47 in the mountainous highlands. Talk about a letdown. Driving the Hilux sucks.

On initial inspection, the Hilux looks like the related and beloved Tacoma, only more basic. We’re talking steel wheels, no fender flares, and a really, really garish swath of red and beige graphics down the side proclaiming you’re driving a Hilux, it has four-wheel drive and our graphic artist still listens to REO Speedwagon. The Hilux’s front fascia demonstrates the classic Japanese caught-in-a-explosion surprise look, with the rest of the four-door bodied version showing classic proportions, complete with rustic latch-closed tailgate. Boring, yet functional.

You don’t buy a Hilux for how it looks. You buy a Hilux for how it operates. After searching around the floorboards for my dropped Motorola radio, I got a good feel for the Hilux’s brick [cencored] house construction quality. The fit and finish of the dashboard, all the way down to the transmission tunnel, would make a Lexus owner, uh, happy. The panels fit perfectly– to the point where I began to second-guess whether certain portions were molded-in rather than screwed together. Don’t let the pleasing textures fool you; that durability arrives from some of the worst plastics to ever melt out of the Land of the Rising Sun. Everything in the Hilux derives from gray polymers that will only bio-degrade when our sun goes super nova.

The rest of the Hilux’s interior setup comes straight from the Yaris. It’s functional enough for children yet to graduate from beginner’s Lego, complete with giant rotary HVAC knobs, a CD/cassette radio, and a digital clock from Tron. Manual windows, locks, mirrors, seats, and well, everything else remind you of the Hilux’s higher calling: work. Power packages are available, replete with machismo elevating fender flares.

Rounding the roundabout in an “unnamed” Middle Eastern nation, I couldn’t bring myself to adamit that I really didn’t like the blazing white four-door truck. I’ve heard the stories, seent he Top Gear episode, talked Toyota with the Mullahs. Yet the pickup truck’s killer rep (machine gun mount and all) does not alleviate the simple fact: the Hilux really makes for an thoroughly unpleasant drive.

The Hilux sampled was powered by a 2.7L VVT-I four-cylinder engine, pumping out 160bhp. For reasons I can’t quite grasp, Toyota has paired one of the most robust engines ever built to the most stupid transmission in existence. The four-speed automatic refuses to shift, even when the tippy throttle has been mashed to the carpet. Kick downs come at random and unwelcome times. Merging on the motorway at a heady 120kph provided entirely unwelcome thrills, as I didn’t know if I was going to get a surge of torque, or languish in the median with the engine moaning in the sub-3k rpm band.

Instead of a manu-matic function found on North American Toyotas, the company’s fitted a zigzag transmission pattern reminiscent of an old Mercedes-Benzes– with a mental disability. This setup allows you to drop down into, and hold onto, any gear (as long as its one of four). Yet when I selected a lower gear, I had to wait, wait, then wait, before a massive surge and a clunk. At which point, the truck FINALLY lurches down a cog, with the engine note moaning out like a Saharan Banshee. Leave it in “Drive” and deal with the slow and power-sapping shifts.

The problem now lies in the questionable robustness of the gearbox from Hell. In the searing heat and humidity of my undisclosed location, the transmission staredt to slip, and rev when pressed hard. The inability of the automatic to deal with extreme temperatures closely associated with its birth place (Hades) raises serious concern about the Hilux’s legendary reliability. That said, the five-speed manuals are a joy to shift, with their long-throw, precise bolt action feel. Reports from the front reports that they’re impossible to kill, no matter how badly you shift.

The roman chariot style rear suspension and front struts cause the Hilux to buck and snap as if it were trying to throw its occupants into the dunes. Yet within this bouncy calamity, I discovered a structure as stiff and rattle free as a Porsche Cayman; perfect for off-roading in a war zone. Around corners, the Hilux steers limply, and understeers badly, just like every other pickup on the market.

The mediocre steering, really bad transmission, throaty yet moany engine all come together to create a distinctly sub-par on-road experience. In normal conditions, I would pass over the Hilux as a throwback to brush-war engineering, a Neanderthal amongst MENSA members. However, next time I’m shot at or mortared, make mine a manual, and a diesel, and it will save me, you, and possibly the free-world.
asudarsono
Full Member of Mechanic Engineer

Re: Review Hilux/Fortuner 2.7 VVT-i Automatic versi bule...

Post by asudarsono »

Hummer mahal dan boros sih.

Kalau di Afrika, Hilux namanya Tehnikal. Jauh lebih efektif dari Bradley dan Hummer.

Coba bayangin kudu nembak Hilux yg murah pakai Hellfire yg mahal.
Ready to Race
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Yah...nasib...mbahnya mobil gue jadi mobil dinas Taliban kekekeke...
asudarsono

Post by asudarsono »

Daripada taxi
Ready to Race
poeticmind
Member of Mechanic Master

Post by poeticmind »

saya rasa matic fortuner ga parah2 banget sih... hanya perlu kebiasaan saja kan, yaaaa... hehehe! secara mobil ini tangguh di manual, maticnya boleh laaaaa...
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Ini ada banyak komentar2 lucu lagi

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=15
THE GOOD
Terminator-tough bones, good power, capacious cabin and bed

THE BAD
Colon-crushing ride, as easy to park as the Titanic, farm-tractor drive on pavement

THE LOWDOWN

This work truck is tougher than you are, for better and for worse.
The New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/23/autom ... =permalink
For ordinary fighters, men with long beards and longer barrels on their ubiquitous Kalashnikovs, the vehicle of choice is the Toyota Hilux, a compact pickup truck popular throughout the developing world.
Huahahahaha....kapan ya Fortuner eke dipasangin machine gun, supaya kalo ada motor yg mau nyerempet tinggal ancem kaya Rambo :2gunfire:
rambokampung
Member of Senior Mechanic
Member of Senior Mechanic

Post by rambokampung »

Ada yang manggil2 nama gw yah :big_smoking:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Iseng2 cari asal usul komponen Fortuner, yg saya belon nemu adalah kode transmisi matic Fortuner...asal usulnya dan dipake dimana saja.

Akhirnya saya nemu link ini http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_d ... 0&kitID=68
HiAce’s 2TR-FE petrol engine is matched to the A343 electronically controlled transmission.
It has ratios of: 1st, 2.804; 2nd, 1.531; 3rd, 1.000; 4th, 0.753 and reverse, 2.293.
It is matched to 4.556:1 final drive ratio.
Engine code dan gear rationya match dgn spec Fortuner 2.7...jadi bolehlah kita asumsi bahwa Fortie 2.7 juga menggunakan A343, buatan Aisin Warner.

Dimana saja kah A343 ini di pakai? obviously...di Hiace, Hilux, LC Prado. Yg bikin kaget transmisi ini ada juga di? Landcruiser 80 http://www.gotcruiser.com/80srock/80rocks.htm
96 Lexus LX450 (same as the Land Cruiser 80 series)
Engine: 6 cylinders in line, 4.5 Liter.
Transmission: A343 Automatic Transmission
Suspension: coil springs, front and rear.
Brakes: disc brakes, front and rear.
Mantaps.com
mandala1
New Member of Mechanic Master

Post by mandala1 »

@FM : kalo buat model facelift, tanduk depan yg model kacamata ada ga yah? :e-think:
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Mana saya tau om mandala...bukannya situ yg juragan spare part :P Ntar kita main2 aja ke toko asesories.
Abu2
Daily Vehicle: just a bike

Post by Abu2 »

FortunerMan wrote:Mana saya tau om mandala...bukannya situ yg juragan spare part :P Ntar kita main2 aja ke toko asesories.

raccunnn mulai menyebar.... :frm_tumbright: :mrgreen:
mandala1

Post by mandala1 »

Abu2 wrote:
FortunerMan wrote:Mana saya tau om mandala...bukannya situ yg juragan spare part :P Ntar kita main2 aja ke toko asesories.

raccunnn mulai menyebar.... :frm_tumbright: :mrgreen:
Hahaha.........soalnya ane bingung tiap kali nanya tanduk depan model kacamata pasti dibilangnya cuma ada buat fortie lama, memang bisa pake tapi ntar sebagian grille nya malah jadi ketutup, justru kan grille-nya bagus sayang jadinya kalo ketutup gitu.......
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Iya pak, kalo yg lama emang bagus ditutupin...secara (terlalu) mirip congornya Innova. Kalo yg facelift begitu indahnya congornya...mirip2 LC 200 mini size, saran saya sih jangan diapa2in.

Mendingan pak Meong ganti pelek aja, pelek aslinya jual ke saya....gimana? :D
maskopat

Post by maskopat »

FortunerMan wrote:Kalo yg facelift begitu indahnya congornya...mirip2 LC 200 mini size, saran saya sih jangan diapa2in.

hah... idung fortuner mah bukannya indah om.. tapi gagah dan gahar.. :frm_tumbright: :frm_tumbleft:
tapi kagak ada mini2nya juga... tetap aja mobilnya bagong...

ane demen banget dengan idung barunya ketimbang yang lama...
Dark Brownies with Cappuccino
Red and Gold
Lime Green
mandala1

Post by mandala1 »

FortunerMan wrote:Iya pak, kalo yg lama emang bagus ditutupin...secara (terlalu) mirip congornya Innova. Kalo yg facelift begitu indahnya congornya...mirip2 LC 200 mini size, saran saya sih jangan diapa2in.

Hahahaha........bise aje neh si bos....... :ngacir: :ngacir:
frank
Member of Junior Mechanic
Member of Junior Mechanic

Post by frank »

FortunerMan wrote:Iseng2 cari asal usul komponen Fortuner, yg saya belon nemu adalah kode transmisi matic Fortuner...asal usulnya dan dipake dimana saja.

Akhirnya saya nemu link ini http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_d ... 0&kitID=68
HiAce’s 2TR-FE petrol engine is matched to the A343 electronically controlled transmission.
It has ratios of: 1st, 2.804; 2nd, 1.531; 3rd, 1.000; 4th, 0.753 and reverse, 2.293.
It is matched to 4.556:1 final drive ratio.
Engine code dan gear rationya match dgn spec Fortuner 2.7...jadi bolehlah kita asumsi bahwa Fortie 2.7 juga menggunakan A343, buatan Aisin Warner.

Dimana saja kah A343 ini di pakai? obviously...di Hiace, Hilux, LC Prado. Yg bikin kaget transmisi ini ada juga di? Landcruiser 80 http://www.gotcruiser.com/80srock/80rocks.htm
96 Lexus LX450 (same as the Land Cruiser 80 series)
Engine: 6 cylinders in line, 4.5 Liter.
Transmission: A343 Automatic Transmission
Suspension: coil springs, front and rear.
Brakes: disc brakes, front and rear.
Mantaps.com
ada beda;
fortuner indo pake transmission assy (#35000) model A343E, Prado pake model A343F.

Automatic transmission overhaul gasket kit (#04351) juga beda:
fortuner pake #0K050
Prado pake #35390
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

frank wrote:fortuner indo pake transmission assy (#35000) model A343E, Prado pake model A343F.
A343E? Wah Lebih bagus lagi....transmisi big brother Landcruiser/Lexus LX

http://www.autoguide.net/apf/lexus-tran ... model_list
http://www.theautochannel.com/autoparts ... items.html
http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html

Gak main2 ya komponen2 Fortuner...mantabs
1998 Lexus LX470
2000-2002 Lexus LX470
mandala1

Post by mandala1 »

Weekekek...........belajar dimana bro,,,,,itu kan gambar nya beda beda bro,, dalam arti yg gambar pertama Transmission Assy Prado 4x4 matic,, sedangkan gambar kedua model Transmission Assy Matic 4x2 nya Fortuner............ :mrgreen:
Ya jelas beda lah, 4x4 sama 4x2 nah kecuali ente posting gambar Trans Assy Fortuner V 4x4 pasti sama,,
Mau bermain2 dgn 'parts number'??? boleh.............perlu gw jelasin satu2 nomer parts diatas???.............hmmm......rasanya ga perlu deh......... :ngacir: :ngacir:
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Saya mau bener om mandala...saya kan cuman goooooglinggggg aja, saya siap belajar parts number parts number an dr ahlinya :D. Let's clear it up.

Transmission code Fortuner 2.7 4x2 apa
Transmission code Fortuner 2.7 4x4 apa

Transmission code Prado 2.7 apa (semua 4x4 kan?)
Transmission code LC 80 apa?

Xie xie...
mandala1

Post by mandala1 »

Ehehehe.......... oom FM kalo mau lebih jelasnya, lebih baik kita tunggu penjelasan dari Mr.Frank ajah yg pasti ilmu-nya lebih tinggi dari ane :mrgreen: ..... :ngacir: :ngacir:
Risol1

Post by Risol1 »

mandala1 wrote:@FM : kalo buat model facelift, tanduk depan yg model kacamata ada ga yah? :e-think:
Om Dal, wah Fortunernya udah dateng ya?
Review dong hehehe.....
Abu2
Daily Vehicle: just a bike

Post by Abu2 »

mandala1 wrote:Weekekek...........belajar dimana bro,,,,,itu kan gambar nya beda beda bro,, dalam arti yg gambar pertama Transmission Assy Prado 4x4 matic,, sedangkan gambar kedua model Transmission Assy Matic 4x2 nya Fortuner............ :mrgreen:
Ya jelas beda lah, 4x4 sama 4x2 nah kecuali ente posting gambar Trans Assy Fortuner V 4x4 pasti sama,,
Mau bermain2 dgn 'parts number'??? boleh.............perlu gw jelasin satu2 nomer parts diatas???.............hmmm......rasanya ga perlu deh......... :ngacir: :ngacir:
:frm_salut: :frm_salut: :frm_tumbright: :frm_tumbright:
bangga saya ....bangga...baru kali ini aku merasa membca postingan si Meong yg bener2 penuh bobot...aha..h.a.h.a. j/k :big_peace:
mandala1

Post by mandala1 »

Ahhh wan abu......aku juga bangga punya guru seperti wan abu...... :mrgreen: :frm_salut: :frm_salut:
FortunerMan

Post by FortunerMan »

Abu2 wrote:bangga saya ....bangga...baru kali ini aku merasa membca postingan si Meong yg bener2 penuh bobot...aha..h.a.h.a. j/k :big_peace:
Jarang2 lho! :P Kalo udah baca begitu baru ngeh...pantes jadi juragan :frm_salut:
poeticmind

Post by poeticmind »

mandala1 wrote:Weekekek...........belajar dimana bro,,,,,itu kan gambar nya beda beda bro,, dalam arti yg gambar pertama Transmission Assy Prado 4x4 matic,, sedangkan gambar kedua model Transmission Assy Matic 4x2 nya Fortuner............ :mrgreen:
weits.... dalem...dalem... :frm_tumbright:

:frm_salut: