Spy shots: 2006 Acura MDX

Segala mobil tipe SUV (2WD/4WD). (Cherokee, Terios, Rush, dll).

Moderators: Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze, akbarfit

Chalupa
Member of Mechanic Engineer
Member of Mechanic Engineer

Post by Chalupa »

Date: July 17, 2004 14:03
Source: Brenda Priddy & Company

Spy photographer Brenda Priddy caught this MDX test mule undergoing hot weather testing yesterday, but the strange thing is that it appears to be almost identical to a current MDX. Why would Acura be testing and hiding something that's been in showrooms for four years?

It's hard to see in this photo, but Brenda says that the entire side of this vehicle is clad in vinyl. The only things that appear mildly different are the fuel filler opening and perhaps the headlights. The rest of the hard points appear virtually identical.

For comparison purposes, I've included a shot of a 2003 MDX press car that we had. It's the only side view photo I could find of a production MDX. The mule appears to have a front clip very similar to the 2004 MDX.

Apparently the engineers were ticked off when they spotted the spy photographers snapping this shot. I'm not sure why because even though the photo is crystal clear, not much is revealed. Except that engineering test mules are not very pretty.

*Photo: Brenda Priddy & Company
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.