Rem Toyota Fortuner (mancing teri yuuuk)

Ingin membahas hal-hal umum mengenai mobil dan otomotif, silakan bahas disini...

Moderators: Ryan Steele, sh00t, r12qiSonH4ji, avantgardebronze, akbarfit

asudarsono
Full Member of Mechanic Engineer

Rem Toyota Fortuner (mancing teri yuuuk)

Post by asudarsono »

I think the Toyota management is just using smart words to fool Indian customers. What the above sentence means, in straight language, is that maybe there are faults in Toyota cars in India but we’re not offering any recalls. Customers of the new Toyota Fortuner SUV are already screaming hoarse with their brakes losing power when applied at high speeds. Toyota has started replacing brakes of customers who complain but is not officially announcing for a recall. Here’s a discussion on how customers are getting replacement – http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical ... rakes.html
http://www.anil.biz/site/2010/03/toyota ... any-rides/
Ready to Race
asudarsono

Re: Rem Toyota Fortuner (mancing teri yuuuk)

Post by asudarsono »

When you go dowhill, it “fish tails” like mad at 70km/h. When arriving home, I decided to make sure where the problem was and put my wife’s BMW 320d in front of the same caravan. I was on the N1 doing 140km/h and it was as stable as anything. When I realized that the towing heights were the same for both vehicles, I new the problem lay with the Fortuner and there were no more getting away from it.
http://kapteincaprivi.com/2009/01/14/to ... eceived-9/
Ready to Race
asudarsono

Post by asudarsono »

I totally agreed with all who had the feeling something must be wrong somewhere with this Hilux/Fortuner.I drive a Hilux 4×4 3.0l diesel manual, yes I would say there is something wrong with the suspension, not the tires nor the pressure in it or the stock shock absorbers or springs but I would blame it on the faulty suspension engineering by Toyota.Don’t waste your time trying to correct it, you’ll not get it right cos it needs to be redesign.Just drive carefully since you’ve owned it but you’ll never enjoy the ride because of the suspension, it bounces more than it absorb on irregular surfaces and rear end skips, in a very unstable manner this Hilux Vigo/Fortuner is still left unattended by TOYOTA no matter how many people had adressed them because they don’t believe they’d ever go bankrupt.
Ready to Race
asudarsono

Post by asudarsono »

The problems experienced with the Toyota Fortuner have been discussed in
length over the past two years in every publication available and on every
blog or website possible. It is with great disappointment that I found
that the suspension on the “upgraded” 2009 model is (apart from the
tyres), exactly the same as previous model. Why the continues denial and
almost “no-care” attitude from Toyota to recall these Vehicles as this is,
in my opinion, what should happen. This is no “small” problem as they want
to make out as people are loosing their lives out there and families are
left in pain due to the reluctance of one of our major OEM companies to
admit and rectify the problem on one of the the best selling SUV’S in the
country.